All students that successfully complete the Alpha Leadership Project can receive up to $4,000 in guaranteed scholarships upon graduating from high school. Students and Parents/Guardians have equal responsibility and must be actively involved in the program and complete the necessary requirements.
To be eligible for the ALP Scholarship of $4,000, students (and parents) must complete the following requirements:
- Submit a completed student and parent application
- Attend 6 of the 8 ALP workshops during their first year in the program.
- Graduate from high school with a cumulative 2.25 GPA.
- Graduate from DCPS or Public Charter High School
- Parents of ALP students must complete 6 ALP Parent Training workshops.
- If the student completes the program, but the parent/guardian does not, the student will be guaranteed the Alpha Leadership Award in the amount of $2000 for his freshman year in college.
Every 9th grade student who completes the ALP Student Workshops component (attends 6 workshops) and whose parent / guardian completes the ALP Parent Training (completes 6 online workshops) will be guaranteed the Alpha Leadership Award in the amount of $4000 for his freshman year in college. If the student completes the program, but the parent / guardian does not, the student will be guaranteed the Alpha Leadership Award in the amount of $2000 for his freshman year in college. Students must graduate high school with a 2.25 GPA and graduate from A DC Public or Public Charter School to be eligible for the award.